[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS + H264 (again)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Nov 6 19:15:02 CET 2009

Colin Rosenthal <csr <at> statsbiblioteket.dk> writes:

> I am responsible for an archive of mpeg-ts files captured from dvb-t. We
> would like to be able to extract individual
> channels from these with mencoder.

You should probably use ffmpeg, mencoder is not maintained well (the only
advantage of mencoder would be the possibility to use the yadif de-interlacer).

> In the first instance, being able to play them in mplayer would help.

Sure.

> The command line we use to invoke mplayer is:
>
> temp/mplayer/mplayer -dvbin file=./.mplayer/channels.conf -demuxer lavf
> -tsprog 2005 temp/mux2.ts 1> mplayer.out 2>mplayer.err

Please note that:
1)
dvbin only makes sense together with dvb:// (if you are directly receiving from
your dvb card). If you are playing a recorded stream (as in your sample) it has
absolutely no relevance,
2)
When sending mplayer debug information (that is very welcome!), please do not
separate std-out from std-err, it only makes analysis harder (that is at least
my opinion).

> I have attached stdout + stderr + channels.conf (from w_scan).
>
> We have the following problems:
>
> i) tsprog is ignored. We get all channels and can tab between them.

I am not sure: Does -demuxer lavf support tsprog?

> ii) there is no sound

I suspect that there was no sound recorded and looking at the channels.conf
line below, there is no sound pid entry.