[MPlayer-users] How to compile a (32bit) mplayer on the Mac OSX(Snow Leopard, 32bit kernel) with the C2D CPU(64bit)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Nov 9 10:37:51 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 09:21:52AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > > That does not work for me, but I often use
> > > ./configure --cc='gcc -m32'
> >
> > What's the problem and when did you last test it?
>
> A few minutes ago to also test your latest changes to configure.
> loader claims that it can't compile for 64 bit.

What is the exact message and where?

> > I recently tried it with -m64 on OSX and it worked just fine.
>
> You tested 32 bit compilation with -m64?

No, I tested 64 bit compilation like that, since the default is 32 bit
on that OSX version (Leopard).
The logical conclusion would be that it should work the same way for
switching from 64 bit to 32... (I know that logic doesn't have to come
into it, particularly with Apples badly tested tools - I guess they have
too few users to find most of the bugs).