[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV problem: subtitles

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 11:34:48 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 02:35:36AM -0200, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:44:22 +0100
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Fixed. And yes, there are _really_ 8 subtitles,
> > en, pt, en commentary, pt commentary and both for 4:3 and 16:9.
>
> 	Almost Reimar! Now with dvdnav:// I can only select the english
> subtitle. With dvd://8 I can select all of them. I attached again the
> logs.

Both
dvdnav://8 -slang pt
and
dvdnav://8 -slang en
work fine for me.
Selecting subtitles with just dvdnav:// without title number just seems
to be completely broken, that is a different issue though.

> > Btw. did you also remove the audio streams? Because with that rip
> > I curiously can only play the commentary audio for the main title
> > (dvdnav://8)?
> > I guess it doesn't show with normal DVDs, but I think that audio
> > has the same issue as the subtitles had.
>
> 	Yes, I removed the audio because of the size... I left the
> 2-channel, but I forgot it was commentary. Next time I'll leave the
> audio part.

No need, it wouldn't have helped with that issue anyway.
As said, I don't think there are any DVDs where it actually happens.
However if someone should have a DVD where MPlayer gets the audio track
languages wrong I am interested in a sample.