[MPlayer-users] mencoder doesn't work with -vf remove-logo ?

Peter Daum gator_ml at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 14 14:21:43 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to transcode some TV recordings and remove the logo;
for some reason, remove-logo does not seem to work for encoding,
mencoder emits some error messages, but because I also get
similar error messages if everything works fine, they are
probably not significant:

 > Trying filter chain: remove-logo expand x264
 > Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
 > Opening video filter: [scale]
 > SwScale params: -1 x -1 (-1=no scaling)
 > Trying filter chain: scale remove-logo expand x264
 > The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
 > Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
 > e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.

When I use the same command line to just view the video, it works
alright. Using "delogo" instead of "remove-logo" also works.

Is this a problem with the "remove-logo" filter or am I doing
something wrong?

Regards,
                                  Peter