[MPlayer-users] Crash on a bit unusual MJpeg file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Nov 19 12:50:45 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:24:27PM +0100, Oliver Seitz wrote:

> > A gdb backtrace might help. And are those images really supposed to be
> > 368x80?
>
> To be complete: No, the pictures should be 368x68.
>
> My first unexperienced glance at the backtrace gets attracted to those
> zeroes in variables named like frame_time. This makes me think the problem
> could be the unusual high frame rate, no?

The issue is a completely different one, and related to using the Intel
JPEG encoder which encodes the images upside-down (normally, not sure
about your case).
I had the fix ready and oked, I just forgot to apply it (done now).
Could you please tell me if it is correct like this or if the video
plays upside-down?
If it's not upside-down like this there's still a bug (if you try with
ffplay, it will play the video flipped horizontally compared to how
MPlayer plays it).