[MPlayer-users] question about .RMVB

iwan umar iwan_umar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 26 20:44:10 CET 2009

On Thursday, 26 November 2009 , Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski  wrote:

> MPlayer codebase is the same in Windows and Linux. The only differences
> are the GUI and some networking code as far as I remember. So support
> for various file container formats and codecs is exactly the same in both
> Windows and Linux builds.

yes Rathann, ... apologise, guess you'd want to kick hard my butt  :-) ... as to
how come a long time MPlayer's user don't know the basic fact that it is a Linux
base application ! ... based on some responses yesterday, I realized that need
to do some reading, .... and now I know that what I've been using so far is a
Linux MPlayer via SMPlayer as front-end in Windows ..., sorry again to you all ...
I'm just a novice user ... usually do only opening file, start, volume, pause, quit ...

> And that problem is? We need exact description of what's going on
> as well as the full output mplayer -v the_problematic_file.rmvb.
>
> Ideally you could upload the file to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
> along with a similarly named text file describing the exact problem.

... yes, ... but earlier today I got some guidance from another nice guy who sent
direct to my email, .... I'll read it first and hopefully if I understand can try it in a few
days time (tomorrow Friday is holiday here, so we have a long week-end to be away
from laptop  :-) ...., and will share you the result ...

Many thanks for your kind attention and support ...

Regards, .... IU.