[MPlayer-users] Playing multiple files at the same time?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Nov 28 11:22:49 CET 2009

> Hello,
>
> I use mplayer to display one movie in my app under Mac OS X. Is it
> possible to play multiple files at the same time?

As OS X is a multitasking operating system, you can run several instances
of MPlayer at the same time. So you can play multiple files
simultaneously.

One problem that might occur is that most graphic cards can only
accelerate one video stream at a time, so all but the first video has to
be decoded, scaled and displayed entirely by the CPU.

Greets,
Kiste