[MPlayer-users] Current song filename

Alexey Mishustin shumkar at shumkar.ru
Thu Oct 1 18:09:36 CEST 2009

В Чтв, 01/10/2009 в 17:40 +0200, Oliver Seitz пишет:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to get from MPlayer in STDOUT the current song
> > filename, something like command "audtool --current-song-filename" for
> > Audacious.
> >
> > Google helped only with option "get_filename" in ~/.lircrc file, but I
> > don't have a remote control station for my computer... And I need to get
> > filenames non-interactively.
> >
> > Is there any command for getting filenames in shell?
>
> Look for
>
> get_file_name
>
> in http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt
>
> The bash fragment in
>
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-September/077890.html
>
> and the mplayer manpage about -slave and -input

Thanks.

I created a fifo, launched mplayer with -slave and -input, entered
"get_file_name" in the mplayer's console and got the filename.

Then I entered "echo get_file_name >/tmp/fifofile" in the external shell
and got the filename ..._in the mplayer's console_ again. But how to get
it in the external shell (by script?)

--
Regards,
Alex