[MPlayer-users] [solved] mencoder and EDL, failure to resume encode after edl skip

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Fri Oct 2 18:07:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 09:23:04PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:54:30 +0200
> Etienne Buira <etienne.buira.lists at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Do anyone have an idea how to solve that problem?
>
> -oac pcm

Hi.

Thanks for the reply, it works.

However, I want to compress the sound track, so I tried aac and ac3.

For aac (-oac faac -faacopts br=128), it works out of the box, so I'm
happy with that.

However, when I tried ac3 (-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=128),
the encoding worked, but everytime I seeked while playing the encoded
movie with mplayer, the sound track restarted from the very beginning. I
don't know if it is a known problem, or if it is a combination which is
not intented to work.

Thanks again.