[MPlayer-users] [solved] mencoder and EDL, failure to resume encode after edl skip

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Fri Oct 2 21:09:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:31:16PM +0200, Reimar DDDffinger wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:07:22PM +0200, Etienne Buira wrote:
> > However, when I tried ac3 (-oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=128),
> > the encoding worked, but everytime I seeked while playing the encoded
> > movie with mplayer, the sound track restarted from the very beginning. I
> > don't know if it is a known problem, or if it is a combination which is
> > not intented to work.
>
> It is not a known problem and it is supposed to work. If the issue
> exists with latest SVN version, a sample file and/or instructions how to
> reproduce are welcome.
> -demuxer lavf usually is worth a try with all kinds of issues.

The problem is still present with r29747. Again, -demuxer lavf is the
magic thing.

Uploading a sample makes no sense, as the problem shows up on many files
with different containers/codecs.

The mencoder line is like the one in my first email, there is just '-oac
mp3lame -lameopts q=9' replaced with '-oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=ac3:abitrate=128'.

But I would like to know which is broken, the generated avi file, or the
AVI demuxer. As I target to backup the transcoded files.

I can give other information as needed.

Regards