[MPlayer-users] Mplayer exits with ld.so error

me juergen.bre at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 11:44:23 CEST 2009

Hello,

I use mlayer on Gentoo and since a few days it exits with following
error.

me at user ~/t/mplayer (svn)-[trunk:29748] % ./mplayer -v
MPlayer SVN-r29748 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 731: _dl_close: Assertion
`map->l_init_called' failed!

Files play fine but it exits with the same error.

Does anyone can point me to a possible reason? It seems not be a problem
with mplayer but I have no glue why it happens. And mplayer seems to be
the only binary to fail with this error.