[MPlayer-users] VDAPU A-V sync probems, a solution.

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Wed Oct 7 00:01:41 CEST 2009

I record ATSC (US HD) OTA using an HD HomeRun tuner.  I've had serious
A-V sync problems (dropped frames, large values of AV_delay) on replay
of the MPEG-2 recordings.

There's a patch for mplayer on the nVidia forum - http://
www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2092901&postcount=1195

After applying it to the 29 Sept source, I've had no more problems.

Is this patch being considered for inclusion in the official source?

FWIW, here's my info.

MB:     ASUS P5N7A-VM
CPU:    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775
GPU:    nVidia MCP79 Host Bridge
Video:  nVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i
Audio:  Realtek ALC1200

Sony KDL 40V3000 LCD
1920x1080 @60HZ
Connected to PVR via HDMI

Mplayer: -ao alsa::device=hw=0.3 -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau