[MPlayer-users] Window-Background in Firefox

Markus Senoner markus at senoner.com
Thu Oct 8 14:34:05 CEST 2009

Hi all!

(A similar question was already asked by Oliver Seitz on Aug. 30 2008,
but no satisfactory answer.  Also I did not find a solution googling...)

Firefox on Ubuntu shows Videos in a Window, which initially has a white
background, before video-playback starts 1 or 2 seconds later.

I need to:

- change that background-color to back

- avoid the delay of 2 seconds before video plays

- I see Firefox places a copy of the video in /tmp (e.g. /tmp/geckoG842Vl)
   each time a page with a video is shown.  As the video is stored locally
   and resides on the same flash-drive as /tmp, I see no need make this copy.
   How can I avoid this copying?

Thanks in advance,
Markus