[MPlayer-users] Can't play content from cwtv.com

jmmckee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Wed Oct 14 16:12:54 CEST 2009

The site cwtv.com requests that a special player be installed in order to view downloadable content.  To ensure that this player is used, the site checks the user agent reported by the browser.  If the reported OS is not Windows XP or Windows Vista, a message is displayed stating that the os is unsupported.  I found a user agent manager plug-in, and set it to report IE and Windows XP.  The site then requested that a special player be installed to view the content.  I attempted to view the content by using mplayer directly.  Without the -playlist option, it ends quickly.  With the -playlist option, I see a number of attempts to load the cache, but nothing else.

I tried the -v option, but did not know what to make of the output.

What information would be useful for you to identify the issue?

John McKee