[MPlayer-users] Portable Linux MPlayer

Reyada Wolak reyada.wolak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:08:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to embed mplayer with my application to use it as internal player
(slave mode). I managed to do this with windows version since it is only one
file without any dependencies. On the other hand I tried to do this with
Linux without success. I have a version on fedora 11 and i tried to move the
binary file to Mandriva 2009 but this is the output:
 error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

how can i do this? how can i compile one version to work in more than one
Linux. what compilation option (and packages) i should use and what
restrictions it will bring?
I'm only using mplayer as audio player so i can disable video if it can
help.