[MPlayer-users] How to post to list?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Oct 19 15:09:10 CEST 2009

On 19.10.09 12:54, Lugo Teehalt wrote:
> From: Lugo Teehalt <lugoteehalt at yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:54:14 +0000 (GMT)
> Subject: [MPlayer-users] How to post to list?
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>
> Sorry to be so cretinous but how do I add an email to the end of a thread,
> as opposed to start a new thread?

Mail messages (use to) have unique Message-Id: header. Good clients insert
that id to References: and/or In-Reply-To: headers of replied mail to
indicate that the current mail is reply to the former one.

Thus, simply replying a mail should create another mail in the thread (unless
your mail doesn't do the above). That isa also a reason why you should not
send mail to a list by replying to a mail you don't react upon.

Good mail clients also support mailing lists so your reply can go to the
list (and a detection that mail came from a list)