[MPlayer-users] aconvert usage

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Tue Oct 20 14:37:48 CEST 2009

> Chris Szilagyi wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm trying to use the "aconvert" utility to convert some Real Audio files
>> Windows Media Audio v2 files.  However, I cannot figure out how to encode
>> as
>> a format other than MP3.  I read the README in the TOOLS folder but it
>> doesn't have all of the options for this utility.
>>
>> If I do: "aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.wma", I get an MP3
>> encoded file.  I tried doing "aconvert realaudiofile.rm
>> windowsmediafile.wma
>>  -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=wmav2:abitrate=44", but I get the error:
>>
>> Option oac: Unknown suboption realaudiofile.rm
>> Error parsing option on the command line: -oac
>> Exiting... (error parsing command line)
>>
>> If anybody can help me, I would really appreciate it.  Thank you!!
>>
> in aconvert change
>
> options=${3:-"-oac mp3lame"}
>
> with
>
> options=${3:-"-oac wmav2"}
>
> I don't know anything about wma, but you'll have to look in this
> direction or learn how mencoder works.

Thank you for the quick reply.  I should have mentioned that I'm using
mplayer/mencoder 1.0-0.104.20090204svn on Fedora 10.  In the package that is
installed, it has /usr/bin/aconvert, not aconvert.sh.  So it looks like it
is now a binary program.  In the latest source I didn't see the aconvert.sh
script anymore either, it has the binary.

Does anybody know what the parameters are?  Again, I am looking to convert
Real Audio files to Windows Media Audio v2.  After the response above I
tried running "aconvert realaudiofile.rm windowsmediafile.rm -oac wmav2" but
it still says:

Option oac: Unknown suboption realaudiofile.rm
Error parsing option on the command line: -oac

Thanks again!

--
Chris