[MPlayer-users] Apple trailers only play for few secs

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Sun Oct 25 02:22:31 CEST 2009

* László Monda on Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 00:49:03 +0200
> Generally the bigger or the higher resolution trailer I try to play,
> the sooner the playback ends for some reason.
>
> Consider this example:
> mplayer -user-agent QuickTime/7.5
> http://movies.apple.com/movies/lionsgate/frompariswithlove/frompariswithlove_480p.mov
>
> After few secs I get flooded with "FAAD: Failed to decode frame: ..." messages.

Works for me with

mplayer -cache 4048 -user-agent QuickTime/7.5

That is with MPlayer SVN-r29789-4.0.1

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
                     Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
Next show: 1 November 2009  _R O T E_  _F L O R A_  Hamburg
         --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.php