[MPlayer-users] Mplayer crashes with rtsp streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 2 11:28:58 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 11:03:37AM +0530, Santhosh Muralidharan wrote:
> > I'm trying to stream a mp3 file, using rtsp streaming from my LAN and
> > mplayer crashes. Please find the bug report and my system info files
> > attached with this email. I'm using mplayer-checkout-2009-09-01. I'm using
> > Helix DNA Server to stream the mp3 file.
>
> You must compile with live555 support, only realrtsp is supported in
> MPlayer natively.

I'm not sure if that would help.
When testing all those samples on multimedia.wiki, I had to move LIVE555 up in
stream/auto_open_streams, because most crashed mplayer before getting to live555
test. So I believe even if you are right and the helix server produces rtsp (and
not REAL rtsp) streams, it would not change the crash.

Carl Eugen