[MPlayer-users] Bug: Wrong start OSD time when playing this m2ts file (uploaded)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 10 21:12:33 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 03:08:05PM -0300, Dâniel Fraga wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:45:50 +0200
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Note that remuxing (-ovc copy -oac copy or mkvmerge etc.) should work,
> > too, without re-_encoding_
>
> 	Very elegant solution Reimar. And it is much faster too, of
> course ;) But only if I don't select the true-hd track (or is there no need to use
> -aid??). For example:

TrueHD in AVI is not (yet) supported, mkvmerge might work. No idea if
-of lavf and remuxing into .mkv will work, but I doubt it.

> 	I tried -oac pcm but it gives error:

Yes, when not encoding video mencoder often gets the timing/A-V sync
wrong, leading to that kind of issues IIRC.

> 	Should I use -fafmttag? What value should I use with it?

I'd recommend to use a format that has TrueHD support instead.
You can use -fafmttag with whatever value you want, you just have
to either add that number to the fftruehd of etc/codecs.conf or
use -ac +fftruehd during playback (you could use a file-specific config
file to make this automatic).
In either case though you'll probably not be able to use this file with
any other video player/editor/whatever except MPlayer.