[MPlayer-users] DV demuxing problem / Uploading video samples

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Sat Sep 19 21:51:59 CEST 2009

Hi mplayer people !

I have trouble reading DVs obtained from camcorder with dvgrab.
The output of mplayer is like that:
---
$ mplayer bande_1-019.dv
MPlayer SVN-r29690-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Playing bande_1-019.dv.
MPEG-PS file format detected.
demux: File doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream.
MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header.
Video: Cannot read properties.
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [libmad] libmad mpeg audio decoder
Cannot sync MAD frame
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [hwmpa] MPEG audio pass-through (fake decoder)
Cannot sync MPA frame: 0
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x50.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Exiting... (End of file)
---

Also, as I've read in another thread, you are in lack of DV samples.
However, my file is heavy (1.1GB), so how much of the file would be
valuable?

And also, where/how to upload samples?

Regards