[MPlayer-users] video plays with grey (or gray) screen

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sun Sep 20 20:06:51 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 07:46:22PM +0200, Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
> Oliver Seitz pisze:
>> Unfortunately, ubuntu maintainers stick with what they find when looking
>> for a "release", which does not make very much sense with mplayer.

I suspect they are giving mplayer short shrift while promoting things like dragon player.

> Or use this PPA's if you are on bad terms with compilation:
> https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/mplayer
> https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/smplayer

Thank you.  I'm more than good with compilation.  Well aside from the distractions of seeing that h.264 wasn't supported straight off and having to go hunt up more libraries.

It's a fun problem to have.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity