[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN audio sync & high cpu usage with channels=6

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Thu Sep 24 21:05:35 CEST 2009

Hello,

This is my first post here, if I do something wrong, please, kindly let me
know.

I am a Gentoo user, have been using a 1.0_rc2_p20090731 snapshot until a
few days ago, when a new snapshot was added to portage:
1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1

Then the problem started, when I play a movie in only several seconds I
can perceive a synchronization problem between the audio and the movie, and
while it advances the sync gets worse and worse. Another collateral effect
of this strange bug is that the cpu usage goes up to 60%. The same movie
using 1.0_rc2_p20090731 plays without a problem, and the average cpu usage
is always around 10%.

This happens with any video file (at least all I've tried), and it happens
with the latest SVN snapshot that I've tried, from yesterday.

Guided by someone at the Gentoo forum I moved out of scope my
~/.mplayer/config file, and after that, 1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1 works without
a problem. The only line in that file is "channels=6". Without that I can
play all the files ok, the only problem is that then I have no 5.1 sound.

Verbose output attached. Let me know if you need something else, as said,
it's my first report in this list.

--
Jesús Guerrero