[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN audio sync & high cpu usage with channels=6

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Thu Sep 24 22:20:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:06:04 +0000 (UTC), Carl Eugen Hoyos
<cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj <at> terra.es> writes:
>
>> This is my first post here, if I do something wrong, please, kindly let
>> me
>> know.
>>
>> I am a Gentoo user, have been using a 1.0_rc2_p20090731 snapshot until
>> few days ago, when a new snapshot was added to portage:
>> 1.0_rc4_p20090919-r1
>
> It would be great if you could test with svn (and not somebody else's
> version).
> svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/mplayer/trunk mplayer

The gentoo ebuilds doesn't apply any patch as far as I know. It's all code
from upstream, I only included the gentoo version numbers because they
match the upstream dates of the snapshots. I also tried the svn-ebuild.
However, I will try compiling manually just to be sure that nothing on the
Gentoo side is interfering.

> You could try:
> -demuxer lavf -channels 6
> -channels 6 -ac -a52,
> -channels 6 -ao oss

I will try all of this as soon as this thing ends compiling and report
back. However I don't think I will be able to try pure oss, only via alsa
emulation.

Thank you for the quick response.
--
Jesús Guerrero