[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN audio sync & high cpu usage with channels=6

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Sep 24 23:41:19 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:26:44PM +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> I didn't notice first time, but you are right, with oss the cpu is much
> lower. So the problem could be in the interaction of alsa with the current
> svn. I am using the in-kernel alsa modules from 2.6.30, snd_ca0106. And if
> this is an alsa problem it won't be the first one, nor the last that hits
> me I suppose.

I say sorry in advance for being snarky in the next few sentences, but...
Recently quite a few hacks were removed from MPlayer's ALSA code, probably
assuming that ALSA might finally be working properly...
I'd suggest to try different versions of ao_alsa by doing
svn up -r123 libao2/ao_alsa.c
where you replace 123 by e.g.
29478
29443
29428
29305

Unless broken by the WORDS_BIGENDIAN -> HAVE_BIGENDIAN change, that last
one is from May, so should be working at least if that's what caused the issue...
Personally I suspect r29549 to be the cause.