[MPlayer-users] Fribidi isn't used for embedded subtitles in mkv

DToNAToR dtonator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:47:36 CEST 2009

There is an old 2006 post about this bug and I'll quote it:

<moonwatcher> mplayer -flip-hebrew -fribidi-charset UTF-8
-subfont-encoding unicode -utf8 -sub heb.srt "Jules et Jim.mkv"
<moonwatcher> works
<moonwatcher> why doesnt it play the matroska file correctly :(
<moonwatcher> mplayer -sid 1 -flip-hebrew -fribidi-charset UTF-8
-subfont-encoding unicode -utf8 "Jules et Jim.mkv"
<moonwatcher> doesnt work
<moonwatcher> while using the external file (which i just extracted
from the mkv file with the same application the muxed it) works ...
<moonwatcher> any reason why i cant flip the font in the matroska?

(
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2006-August/001473.html
)

I'm still encountering the same problem with the svn version ..

Thanks,
Denis