[MPlayer-users] Various MKV issues

ubitux ubitux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 23:24:24 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:11:11PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 08:49:17PM +0200, ubitux wrote:
> > First, the sound is not good and there is a big a-v sync issue related to it.
>
> That is because IMO the file is broken. It claims to have a sample rate to
> 24 kHz, but it uses AAC with SBR which is 48kHz.
> -demuxer mkv believes what the container says, -demuxer lavf believes what the
> AAC bitstream says. While the later is more likely to work well in practice,
> neither is correct.

Well ok. I don't know how it's handled in git repository but it works fine
on it, maybe there is some kind of patch to get there.

> > So I tried the lavf demuxer, which fix the audio issues. But I don't get the ass
> > rendering for ass subtitles.
>
> That should be fixed now.

Mmh yes, but there is a side-effect: maybe it's not related but it's like
subtitles are displayed two times. It makes a "jump effect"... Anyway I
don't want to use the lavf, so I don't really care.

ubitux