[MPlayer-users] Help with extracting video codec to a variable

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 04:37:11 CEST 2010

I am trying to make a shell script to make it easier to use vdpau on
my Blu-Ray backups and need help with the best way to extract video
codec information into a variable.

I would prefer to use mplayer only (for using it on other computers
with less software but I also have mediainfo installed so I can use
that
Here is what I have so far

#!/bin/bash

DEFOPTS="-fs -channels 6 -vo vdpau"
VCODEC=` (commands) `

if [[ $VCODEC == h264 ]]
then
mplayer $DEFOPTS -vc ffh264vdpau $1 $2 $3
fi

if [[ $VCODEC == mpeg2 ]]
then
mplayer $DEFOPTS -vc ffmpeg12vdpau $1 $2 $3
fi

if [[ $VCODEC == VC-1 ]]
then
mplayer $DEFOPTS -vc ffvc1vdpau $1 $2 $3
fi