[MPlayer-users] Help with extracting video codec to a variable

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 17 10:37:11 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Pertti Kosunen
<pertti.kosunen at pp.nic.fi> wrote:
> On 17.4.2010 5:37, Dark Shadow wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to make a shell script to make it easier to use vdpau on
>> my Blu-Ray backups and need help with the best way to extract video
>> codec information into a variable.
>
> You can use one for all command line:
> -vc ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffodivxvdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
>
> Comma in end means drop to default if any earlier doesn't work.

You can also put all this in a conf file '~/.mplayer/config', heres
mine for playing vdpau:

[default]
vo=vdpau,xv
vc=ffh264vdpau,ffvc1vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,
cache=65536
fs=1
quiet=1
afm=hwac3

That plays every file I throw at it, and I can just launch with
'mplayer /path/to/media'

Cheers

Tom