[MPlayer-users] No hebrew font windows-1255 can't use hebrew subtitles

aviramof aviramof aviramof at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 19:34:58 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski
<rambo at id.uw.edu.pl>wrote:

> > still there is a problem with mplayer and hebrew translation
>
> No, the problem is in the way you configured mplayer before compiling.
> We cannot get further in helping you before you try out our
> suggestions and report any error that might me hinting to what is wrong
> with your setup.
>
> and please, please, use punctuation. It's very hard to read your messages.
>
> --
> <xtifr> wow, I think I just used libtool to solve a problem -- somebody
>        help me! :>
> <luca> xtifr, STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD

what suggestion should i try? i have installed libfribidi-dev i have
compiled from source using ./configure then ./configure --enable-gui then
make then make install and that it nothing more.

it should be configure to default options and i have to say there are a lot
of warnings during the make process and he's very long. any way i gave you a
list of ./configure results, as for how to use config i need specific
commands to put in the config file because what i tried didn't worked so
well till now except in gnome-mplayer but not in smplayer.
so tell me exceclly the options i can use in config or any information that
you need to understand what is the cause of the problem
and i would give it to you plain and simple and thanks in advance for all
your help.