[MPlayer-users] No hebrew font windows-1255 can't use hebrew subtitles

aviramof aviramof aviramof at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 22:11:29 CEST 2010

Ofir Aviram

Software Forum Manager Exlusive Forum

Aviramof Rotter.name

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
> wrote:

> > and windows-1255 is hebrew encoding
> > type what so difficult to understand that?
>
> Just that your encoding seems to be working fine...

i think that the problem is the smplayer itself now not working with the
compiled version but with the old version but all the problem was caused
because the lack of libfribidi-dev package and the fact that the official
mplayer version 1.0~rc3+svn20090426-1ubuntu16 that exist in lucid
repositories don't install it as dependencies but if i'm not mistaken karmic
have newer version in it's repositories as strange as it might sound maybe
when a new deb would be released for lucid it would include libfribidi-dev
and smplayer would be able to work with that version and then the subtitles
would be fine that is my take on the hall problem.