[MPlayer-users] How can i install skins for gmapleyr?

aviramof aviramof aviramof at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 14:38:30 CEST 2010

Ofir Aviram

Software Forum Manager Exlusive Forum

Aviramof Rotter.name

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM, aviramof aviramof <aviramof at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ofir Aviram
>
> Software Forum Manager Exlusive Forum
>
> Aviramof Rotter.name
>

> 2010/4/18 Masaru Nomiya <nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp>
>
> Hello,
>>
>> In the Message;
>>
>>  Subject    : Re: [MPlayer-users] How can i install skins for gmapleyr?
>>  Date & Time: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:44:55 +0300
>>
>> aviramof aviramof <aviramof at gmail.com> has written:
>>
>> > still no luck i tried this:
>> > cd /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins
>>
>> > sudo ln -s /home/ofir/blue default
>>
>> > or
>>
>> > sudo ln -s /home/ofir/blue-1.7.tar.bz2 default
>>
>> > but still no luck it still not readable.
>>
>> You have downloaded Blue-1.7.tar.bz2, haven't you.
>> Have you changed the file's name from Blue to blue?
>>
>> I think, this will solve the problem;
>>
>> # cd /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins
>> # tar jvxf Blue-1.7.tar.bz2
>>
>> You will get;
>>
>>  /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> ---
>> ┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢             mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
>> ┃\/彡
>> ┗━━┛ 「eメールや携帯電話に縛られた社会は、自分自身と向き合ったり、
>>         空想にふけったりする自由を奪う。」
>>                                                  -- M. Crichton --
>>

> i really don't know what is the problem anymore all this command does is to
> extract cd the folder Blue from Blue-1.7.tar.bz2 to
>  /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue but when i run gmplayer it still
> doesn't find it because he search in
> /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default/skin and even when i tried before to
> copy the files to there skin was not readable.
>
> but this is what i have now  /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue and
> nothing eles is there something more i should do from here?
>
> it's amazing that even  gmplayer -skin /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue
command doesn't work even that i can see the files

MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
[skin] file (
/usr/local/share/mplayer/skins//usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue/skin )
not found.
Selected skin ( /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/Blue ) not found, trying
'default'...
[skin] file ( /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins/default/skin ) not found.