[MPlayer-users] How can I force mplayer to drop frames more consistently?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Wed Apr 21 06:49:01 CEST 2010

Dark Shadow wrote:
>> Off-Topic, if one doesn't need slow-motion and the human-eye needs .05
>> seconds to view a picture, what is the benefit of those very high(er)
>> framerates ?
>
> I am not sure I just thought if I was going to spend a lot of money on
> a camcorder I should get a good one. Plus I thought it may help
> considering I will be recording races and other high speed things with
> it.
You know how marketing-guys think, we customers think ?
More is better, expensive will be better.
The smaller digital cameras got worse when resolution got above
8mega-pixels, because the physical distance of the pixels caused
interference and for that reason resulted in noticable more noise, which
was compensated for with software-noise reduction, resulting in less
picture quality. Reading/Studying Camera test-results may be a good
thing to invest in some time.