[MPlayer-users] How can I force mplayer to drop frames more consistently?

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Wed Apr 21 11:26:17 CEST 2010

>> 1920x1080 is about 2 megapixels, that's not to much. But 50-60fps is a
>> number that definitely improves movement reception.
> Is there any proof of this an where can this proof be found, I'm very
> interested.

No proof, but hints:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#How_many_frames_per_second_can_the_human_eye_see.3F

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_of_vision#Film_systems

And I can tell you from my own experience. I very rarely visit the cinema,
so I'm not to much used to the frame rate and flicker rate. The first
minutes of the movie I see the jerkyness of movements and i even see
flickering.

Greets,
Kiste