[MPlayer-users] How can I force mplayer to drop frames more consistently?

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 03:25:12 CEST 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:03:10 +0200
belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> wrote:

> Off-Topic, if one doesn't need slow-motion and the human-eye needs .05
> seconds to view a picture, what is the benefit of those very high(er)
> framerates ?

0.05 seconds would be 20fps.  There's no question people percieve vastly
higher frame rates than that.  Just set a large CRT monitor to 60Hz or
so, and you'll almost certainly be massively annoyed by the flicker.

Take a 60fps video, play it normally, then again with framestep=3
for 1/3rd of the frames (20fps), and tell me you don't notice any
difference...

And now for some technical details on eyes, resolution, and fps:
http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=230181&cid=18677583

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.