[MPlayer-users] How can I force mplayer to drop frames more consistently?

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 13:01:39 CEST 2010

On 24.04.2010 10:24, belcampo wrote:

>>> Standard high-quality film has a 24 fps rate.
>>
>> And I have sea sick whenewer there is horizontal tracking shots and I
>> see flickering (in theater)
>>
>> Some say that 24fps is barely enough - on the edge.
>> Second that.
>>
> What I've read on the before mentioned wikis:
>
> it was scientifically determined that a frame rate of less than 16
> frames per second (frame/s) caused the mind to see flashing images.
>
> Audience, the vast majority, doesn't say anything about individuals. As
> you mention "Some say".

Yes, but it is more and more unpleasant talks among those who are
familiar with 30 or even 60fps HDTV movies. For them, 24fps is no good
at all.
And as more people have chance to chose in between 24fps standard movie
and 30fps HD movie they ditch the theathers...

So when the mayor revolution as to what is *standard high-quality*
format for the movie?

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/