[MPlayer-users] Forcing other framerates

"Ing. Daniel Rozsnyó" daniel at rozsnyo.com
Mon Apr 26 20:43:26 CEST 2010

> Final question:
> If a LCD refreshes at 60Hz AND a video offers every 1/25 second
> a new image (region 2 land) AND Vsync (tries to) sync both: How
> could they find together? Will the LCD refresh rate be slowed down?

No slowing down, frames are displays as same - 2x or 3x. The ratio of
60:25 is 2.4, so more often there are two same frames, than three.

 From this viewpoint it is good to have an integer multiply of frame
rate (e.g. 3x24=72 Hz or 3x25=75 Hz) - in case that the device can
display it. (you with 1920x1200 can't, because of bandwidth limitation,
and I can not too - my DLP projector runs at constant speed as I noticed).

Here is some more reading - if you want to find out what are you missing
out, by using 60 Hz presentation of 25 Hz contents:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_image_formats#Presentation

Daniel