[MPlayer-users] VDPAU with movies not supported with the vdpau codec variants (like ffodivxvdpau instead of ffodivx)

Mathieu SCHROETER mathieu.schroeter at gamesover.ch
Thu Apr 29 21:20:08 CEST 2010

Le 29. 04. 10 01:10, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> Mathieu SCHROETER <mathieu.schroeter <at> gamesover.ch> writes:
>
>>> But looking at your log: Please point me to a sample.
>>
>> Can be reproduced with (~3MB):
>>  http://www.geexbox.org/~schroeterm/mplayer/sample.avi
>
> Video works fine for me with -vc ffodivxvdpau with both demuxers: Please update
> to latest svn.

Mmmh.. I've tested against mplayer-31105 and the problem is the same.

NVIDIA 195.36.15
GeForce GTX 275/PCI/SSE2

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT200b [GeForce GTX 275] (rev a1)

And now I think that the problem is just the GPU. GT200b seems
to have "only" the support for

  Complete acceleration : H.264
  Partial acceleration  : MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VC-1/WMV9

according to wikipedia [1], nothing about MPEG-4.

But even in this case, with "-vc ffodivxvdpau," it should try with
the next codec potentially usable, no?
Or is it necessary to insert the right list "-vc foovdpau,barvdpau,"
for each model of GPU?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu SCHROETER