[MPlayer-users] Ogg vorbis problems with MPlayer-1.0rc3

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Aug 2 17:08:40 CEST 2010

Edd Barrett <vext01 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > $ ./configure && make
> > (no patches, no configure options)
>
> I doubt it will build without any patches or configure options, but I can try.

Note that our goal/guideline is not to support patched versions but to expect
patches to be sent to mplayer-devel (and imo, openbsd should be a supported os).

If --disable-ssse3 is needed, you should of course use it (although imo, fixing
binutils might be the better idea).

[...]

> >> Starting playback...
> >> New dp: 0x7ec61600  ds=0x8a724480  pts=0.003  len=1  flag=0
> >>
> >> [decoded: 576 / 576 ]
> >
> > Looks as if it's playing fine, no?
>
> Yes, but it *did* complain about the ogg header and it is the same message.

It is intended to complain if the preferred decoder does not work (as is the
case with ac vorbis and demuxer ogg), but I see no bug that can or should be
fixed (and would personally prefer if the messages would not change).

Apart from that: Did you mentions that it works and you only report the output?

Carl Eugen