[MPlayer-users] options to speed up mplayer if video playback is not required

Reyada Wolak reyada.wolak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:14:21 CEST 2010

> When speaking about performance, I think of the cpu load required for a
> certain task. You're asking about how to speed up program start? Or is it
> the time to load a file?

both. i want to improve my application from all aspects (memory usage,
startup speed, file loading speed ... etc)

Not sure if (or how much) it would speed it up but I would remove all
> unnecessary options from the configure (./configure --help)...
> By example: -disable-gui, -disable-joystick, etc...
> But maybe, appart from file size, it won't change much...

i tried that but i ended up with errors in compilation. if it is only the
size i don't think it will matter a lot.

thanks