[MPlayer-users] Proper FAST_CMOV check possible?

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:26:48 CEST 2010

Morning all,

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:48:01PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > CC      h264_cabac.o
> > {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> > {standard input}:18: Error: `ff_h264_lps_range(%eax,%esi,2)' is not a valid 64
> > bit base/index expression
> Please try to reproduce with current FFmpeg, I would expect it works fine, then
> find out what the relevant difference in config.h (or config.mak) is, and fix it
> (and post to mplayer-devel).

I'm hoping this is the correct list, I can't see a mplayer-devel.

I have checked out ffmpeg from svn and get a similar error on a different source
file:

CC	libavcodec/vp5.o
/tmp//ccg8ekHy.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp//ccg8ekHy.s:330: Error: `(%r8d,%eax)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index
expression
/tmp//ccg8ekHy.s:434: Error: `(%r8d,%eax)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index
expression

I have tracked this down to FAST_CMOV. It seems that something along the line
does not like it, possibly our binutils?

Is there a proper way to test for this? At the moment, FAST_CMOV appears to be
enabled depending upon hardware alone.

Thanks

--
Best Regards