[MPlayer-users] Proper FAST_CMOV check possible?

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 19:51:51 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Edd Barrett <vext01 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I don't know why this is at the moment, but I hope to dig further in the
>> future.
>>
>> In the meanwhile, any suggestions or hints are welcomed.
>
> diff -uw ffmpeg/config.h mplayer/config.h
> diff -uw ffmpeg/config.mak mplayer/config.mak
> cd ffmpeg
> rm libavcodec/h264_cabac.o libavcodec/libavcodec.a
> make V=1
> and compare with MPlayer's compilation command.
>
> You could ask Mike Melanson or Michael Kostylev how FFmpeg builds on FATE, if
> disable cmov is really required (is is also required for you with
> --disable-debug?), you should disable it automatically for MPlayer.

This is very odd and I think it mostly relates to binutils. If you set
HAVE_EBX_AVAILABLE to 0, the build suceeds

openbsd doesn't like something in the:
#if ! ( ARCH_X86 && HAVE_7REGS && HAVE_EBX_AVAILABLE &&
!defined(BROKEN_RELOCATIONS) )
in libavcodec/cabac.h.

It could be any one of those flags that I am supposed to turn off ofcourse.

Next question is, does anyone see a suitible workaround?

(And yes.. someone is updating binutils. It will take time.)

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk