[MPlayer-users] Qualtiy issues with MPEG-4 (danish DVB-T clip)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 10 19:40:17 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:52:52AM +0800, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > Unfortunately mplayer (latest SVN) still doesn't work well - although
> > it already works better than the mplayer version which comes with
> > Ubuntu,
> > the sliding text on the bottom of the video can be taken as a
> > reference for this.
>
> Huh? All I can see is interlacing artefacts, if you don't play
> it on an interlaced device like a TV you'll have to do deinterlacing.

Please try the sample again;-)

For me, it shows bad A/V sync issues: Not "bad" in the sense that desync is
increasing all the time, bat "bad" in the sense that video freezes and then
speeds up again occasionally (watch closely when the text "Jakob Antkjaer"
appears if you don't see it immediately).

vlc plays the sample fine / much better...

I reproduced the issue with -demuxer mpegts, -demuxer lavf (you have to
uncomment the line containing "LATM syntax" in libavformat/mpegts.c) and with
(and without) reverting r31349 (default_max_pts_correction=1).

Since my computer is fast enough for this clip, I don't think this is
performance issue.

Carl Eugen