[MPlayer-users] mplayer compile fail

Stefano stefano1981 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:21:38 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:58 PM, xxx xxx <stellarpower at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I unpacked the contents and performed ./configure. That seemed to work
> without any errors. I then typed make which stopped at an error 1. The
> lines
> printed before that showed a few parse errors, mostly before ')'.

If you are running Ubuntu (or debian), try first running:

sudo aptitude build-dep mplayer

This will install the dependencies for mplayer without installing mplayer
itself.
Of course mplayer has to be listed in the repository (that's by default
usually).

Than run as usual: ./configure, make, sudo make install

That worked for me on Ubuntu Lucid