[MPlayer-users] Music playing frontend that is feature rich as amarok?

Mohammad Bahathir Hashim bahathir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 05:39:08 CET 2010

On 2010-11-30, Thiago Padilha <tpadilha84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone knows a frontend that lets me manage playlists, can shuffle and has a
> GUI?

GUI MPlayer = GMPlayer ?
gmplayer is my default mediaplayer when using MS Windows.

Standard Mplayer is my ONLY choice for multimedia playback in GNU/Linux.

1) It supports playlist : mplayer -playlist lists.txt

2) I supports shuffle : mplayer -shuffle -playlist lists.txt

3) GUI ? Why we need GUI when we listening to music with our ears ? :)
So CLI is more than enough... the navigation with keyboard is more
efficient, even  while enjoying music with closed eyes. Can you do
the same using  GUI and mouse. :)