[MPlayer-users] EOF reached. do not understand why?

Julio opera julio.opera at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:12:00 CET 2010

I get the following error when streaming an audio stream with mplayer (the
stream plays ok for a few hours before it happens):

ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)   0%
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)   0%
EOF code: 1  27:19.6) of -0.0 (unknown)  1.0% 0%

Uninit audio filters...
[libaf] Removing filter dummy
Uninit audio: mp3lib
vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not initialized..

Exiting... (End of file)

The version of mplayer is: MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.4.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

The command I start the stream with is:
/usr/bin/mplayer -slave -input file=/tmp/mplayer-control
http://www.musicstreamsomething -user myusername -passwd mypassword -v
-cache 1024 -cache-min 80

I have tried it on Ubuntu 10.04 as well as 10.10, tried the (old) rc3
Mplayer from Ubuntu.com:s repositoies, another version from 2010-04-16, but
always with the same result. The stream works perfectly well from my Windows
computer using VLC and Mediaplayer so it can not be that.

Is the problem due to the version I am using? (I have seen something similar
been reported before) Or is it something else? Please help!

(If I am supposed to change the version of mplayer, please suggest a
repository since I just get a lot of errors when trying to compile....yes I
know....I am a newbie.... ;-)

Thanks/