[MPlayer-users] mplayer -identlfy failure

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Dec 20 11:30:35 CET 2010

Sebastien Fievet <sebastien.fievet <at> free.fr> writes:

> Basically, here is  what i get when running :
> ./configure --extra-cflags=-g3 --yasm='' && make :
>
> [...]

At least please run make again (so it only tries to compile one file) and post
complete, uncut output.

Why are you using --yasm='' ?
(If the auto-detection is buggy, we would like to fix it.)

> cfg-mplayer.h:355: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer
> target type
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:37478: Error: symbol `fstat64' is already defined
> {standard input}:37499: Error: symbol `lstat64' is already defined
> {standard input}:37520: Error: symbol `stat64' is already defined
> make: *** [mplayer.o] Erreur 1
>
> I should say that FFmpeg compilation gives me the same error if i don't add
> -fgnu89-inline.

I was unable to find a reference to this problem - could you post a link in case
it was already reported before?

> From what i understand, something changed in GCC handling of
> inline definitions since gcc-4.3 and the errors i have are related to this.
> The "-fgnu89-inline" would restore the old fashion way of dealing with it.
> Again, i am far from being skilled enough to dig into this. Just that after
> some search, i found a post in a forum dealing with pretty much the same
> issue, and following the recipe worked for me as well.

Which forum?

Carl Eugen