[MPlayer-users] memory leak in mplayer

Jerry Wang jerry.wang at beonic.com
Wed Dec 22 05:24:07 CET 2010

There do has a memory leak.

I tried two case:
1) mplayer -quiet -vo null -loop 0 -playlist playlist.txt
2) mplayer -quiet -vo xv -loop 0 -playlist playlist.txt

Both without any screen connected.  It turns out 1) do not consume more
memory, but 2) will hold a little bit more memory (around 300 byte
maybe) every time it start to play a movie,

# xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 4096 x 4096
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
TV1 unknown connection 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768       60.0*
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9

TV1 does not connected to my motherboard, it just shows it is ( which I
don't know why, but it does not the cause of this issue I believe ).