[MPlayer-users] Error while playing animated gif file recently

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:26:29 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 02:02:54PM -0500, Blessy M wrote:
> That might be a fix. But can you tell me why am I getting this error?

Nop I can't, and since RC2 was release years ago, I can't tell you want
change might have fixed it.

> It is odd to me that it was working fine till now, and now having
> difficulty playing this file.

Do you mean you had something older than rc2 before?

Btw, even if there is a fix, you will have to rebuild mplayer with the
patch, so well, just try latest SVN:

  svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
  cd mplayer
  ./configure
  make
  ./mplayer movietowatch.gif

If it fixes the issue, then good for you. If not, uploading a sample of
the gif might help.

Regards,

--
Clément B.