[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT: compiling MPlayer with dvdnav support on Windows

John Brown johnbrown_105 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 14:02:59 CET 2010

Hello Carl,

On Fri, December 31, 2010 5:13:36 GMT - 5, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> John Brown <johnbrown_105 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I am experiencing various problems with adding dvdnav support to MPlayer.
>
> [...]
>
> > ./configure --disable-dvdread-internal
>
> Then don't use --disable-dvdread-internal.

I can try this, but configure takes 10 minutes and build takes over 30 minutes,
so before I do, I will once again point out that I followed the instructions in
DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.text. In particular:

"From within the MPlayer source tree run
$ ./configure --disable-dvdread-internal
followed by your preferred parameters.
Be warned that you *MUST* disable MPlayer's internal copy of dvdread or
something
- most likely - won't work as expected (if at all)."

This file is dated 2010-11-23 23:37:38.000000000 -0500  according to
ls -l DOCS/tech/dvdnav-howto.txt --time-style=full-iso. Is it outdated?

> Note that you cannot report build problems if you patch config.mak (and
>similar).

OK, but if I did not make those small changes, then my complaint would be
"I cannot compile MPlayer!" instead of "MPlayer does not work!"

> Carl Eugen

Regards,
Alias John Brown.